My daughter and I made paint swirl Christmas ornaments yesterday while the snow was slowly melting. We had a lot of fun making these. They are so simple to make, but do take a while because of the drying time. I had bought a set of clear ornaments for a great deal while Black Friday shopping. There were only six ornaments in the package and after making these I wished I had bought more! They are slightly addicting.
All you need to make these ornaments is:
- A package of clear glass ornaments (like these here)
- Craft Paint – I used Apple Barrel craft paint from Walmart (here)
- Paper towels
- Plastic cups
Gather all of your supplies and do the following:
- Take the silver top off of the ornaments. (They pop right out.)
- Squeeze your paint colors into the top of the ornament. I used 2 colors in mine, but you can use more like my daughter did. (She made a rainbow!)
- Swirl the paint around until it is covering the entire inside of the ornament. You may need to add more paint.
- Turn the ornament upside down over the cup so that the paint can drip into the cup.
- Leave to dry overnight.
That’s it! Now run out and buy some ornaments and paint!!
Here’s how ours turned out:
Have you ever made these type of ornaments before?